Digital marketing and social media should work together in the online space and to drive leads into the various stages of the sales funnel. A digital marketing strategy should consider which tactics to use at which stage of the funnel, along with the content and messaging appropriate for that stage. Other factors to consider include timing, any geographic considerations, branding concerns and the KPIs that will be measured.
Marketing specifically to the trade: architects, designers, contractors, builders and facility managers to name a few – requires a different approach than consumer marketing. Our approach takes into account how these professionals move through the sales funnel.
What we promise with digital strategy is:
- More traffic to your website
- More engagement with web and social media content
- A larger, healthier email list
- More leads to share with reps
Successful digital marketing takes more than technical knowledge
The first step for many businesses looking to improve their online marketing results is to seek out a digital marketing specialist. But knowing the ins and outs of paid digital campaigns, email marketing and social media isn’t enough. Marketing specifically to the design and construction trade – architects, designers, contractors, installers – requires much more than digital expertise. A solid digital strategy has to be grounded in an understanding of their world.
Stoner Bunting’s approach takes into account how design professionals move through the sales funnel online and off: the type of content they need at each stage and the best way to deliver it to them. From a digital marketing standpoint, this means moving a larger portion of your target audience through each step of the funnel, which means more opportunities to secure specs and sales.
Our approach and process to digital strategy is similar to our approach to any strategic marketing plan. We begin with a clear understanding of the clients goals.
An effective digital marketing strategy can focus on any stage of the funnel that requires a boost, but some of the most common goals include:
- Generating more website traffic
- Improving the level of engagement with web and social media content
- Building a larger, healthier email marketing list
- Acquiring more leads online to share with sales reps
We can develop digital strategies for a single campaign or initiative, or for the overall business. Either way, the plan would include:
- Strategic integration of paid, earned and owned digital media through all stages of the sales funnel
- Comprehensive tactics and KPIs built around the established goals
- Budget allocation and timeline for development and implementation of tactics
Generating traffic through paid digital media initiatives
When it comes to drawing attention to a product or service through strategic use of paid placements, we’re looking at advertising initiatives. While this falls under the digital marketing umbrella, it’s really the extension and execution of paid opportunities to gain your audience’s attention.
Digital advertising is everything that happens online, including display ads on websites, ads on social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn and pay-per-click and search advertising on Google. It functions very differently than traditional print or broadcast advertising, and so the strategic approach must be different.
A digital ad isn’t there to tell the whole story. Space and time constraints make that impossible. Digital advertising is about capturing attention and generating website traffic – specifically to a landing page where the visitor is asked to “convert” by providing information, downloading content, or otherwise engaging with the site.
Stoner Bunting is experienced in helping clients leverage a variety of forms of paid digital advertising, including:
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Programmatic advertising
- Google Display ads and remarketing
- Geofenced mobile advertising
- Paid search advertising
- Paid social media advertising
Shoring up the foundational elements of digital marketing
Every time a sexy new digital marketing tactic arrives on the scene, the blogs start proclaiming the death of email marketing. But the reports of email’s demise are always premature.
Email marketing remains as fundamental to the B2B marketing toolbox as a hammer is to a literal toolbox. It continues to be one of the most cost-effective, customizable and measurable tactics for building long-term relationships and shepherding prospects through the sales funnel.
Stoner Bunting Advertising is a believer in the power of email marketing to deliver content and attain conversions in the design and construction industry.
Our services in this area include:
- Email marketing strategy – identifying the right messaging and timing for your target audiences
- Email list growth campaigns – finding the lead generators that will fill your funnel
- Email template design – giving your messages the visual advantage
- Email content development – providing compelling stories and calls to action to generate click-throughs
- Email performance analysis – auditing previous campaigns and determining how to make them work harder for you
Whether it is determining how email fits into individual product or promotional campaigns, developing a strategy for an ongoing newsletter, or simply making sure the emails you are sending are speaking the right language and delivering the right content for each of your target audiences, we can partner with you to maximize the effectiveness of your email marketing.